Open Source Server for Sharing Geospatial Data.
GeoServer is a powerful map and feature server for sharing, analyzing, and editing geospatial data from spatial data sources using open standards. These services can be integrated with your enterprise applications to create amazing mapping applications or integrate maps and GIS capabilities into existing web, mobile and desktop apps.
- Support for many back-end data formats (ArcSDE, Oracle Spatial, DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, Shapefile, GeoTIFF, and many more)
- Multiple output formats (Esri Shapefiles, KML, GML, GeoJSON, PNG, JPEG, TIFF, SVG, PDF, GeoRSS)
- Fully-featured web administration interface and REST API for easy configuration
- Configurable role-based security subsystem based on Spring Security
- Java J2EE application works with Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, and others
Open Source, Open Standards
GeoServer is open source software, released under the GNU General Public License, that implements many Open Geospatial Consortium standards including Web Map Service (WMS 1.1.1, 1.3.0), Web Feature Service (WFS & WFS-T 1.0.0, 1.1.0, 2.0), Web Coverage Service (WCS 1.0.0, 1.1.1), and Web Processing Service (1.0.0).