We think this makes it easier to find data and be productive, since you won’t have to spend time finding a nice base of data to get started. And any of these Mapbox maps can be added your default project in QGIS so that data loads automatically.
Boundless Desktop users can access this content through the Boundless Connect plugin.
Mapbox Basemaps Features
Boundless Desktop offers amazing Mapbox Basemaps features to make your GIS mapping experience beneficial.
- Mapbox Streets: A comprehensive, general-purpose Mapbox basemap used for styling transit networks.
- Mapbox Outdoors: A Mapbox basemap with curated tilesets and specialized styling tailored for adventurous use cases such as hiking or biking
- Mapbox Light & Dark: A subtle, full-featured Mapbox basemap that provides geographic context while highlighting data
- Mapbox Satellite: A full global Mapbox base map, perfect as a blank canvas or overlay
- Mapbox Satellite Streets: Combines Mapbox Satellite with vector data from Mapbox Streets, providing a comprehensive set of road, label and POI information; bringing greater clarity and context to the crisp detail in high-resolution satellite imagery of Mapbox Satellite streets.
Boundless Desktop offers the Mapbox basemaps to customers with a Basic, Standard, or Enterprise subscription. This same great Mapbox content will also be accessible through Boundless Suite and Boundless Exchange subscriptions in the near future.