The release primarily addresses an issue with launching QGIS after upgrading your macOS from version 10.12.3 to 10.12.4. Apple released the update on March 27th, 2017 and our internal testing found it incompatible with Desktop 1.0. We have identified the issue and incorporated a fix, along with several other maintenance fixes, into the Desktop 1.0.1 maintenance release.
While we haven’t heard of issues from our GIS users yet, we wanted to get the Mac fix out as soon as it’s ready. Note: you must install this maintenance release in order to work with Desktop on macOS version 10.12.4. Removing your old Boundless Desktop GIS install is not necessary to take advantage of this update. The Windows version isn’t necessary for working with Desktop 1.0, but it also includes nice-to-have updates, described in the changelog below.
Happy GIS mapping!
Boundless Desktop 1.0.1 for macOS Changelog
* Fixed QGIS crash on macOS after 10.12.4 update (Qt’s Phonon Python binding removed)
* Fixed macOS system Python library paths
* Removed deprecated CFBundleSignature key/value from Qt Designer’s Info.plist
* Fixed help menu linking for Qt Designer help in Qt Assistant
* Included SciPy Python package: https://www.scipy.org/scipylib/index.html
* Additional in-house testing suite, covering numerous Desktop/macOS upgrade paths