GeoWebCache caches images from a variety of sources to accelerate the delivery of map tiles. GeoWebCache provides sophisticated tools for managing the tile cache to optimize enterprise applications for faster display.
- Pre-seeding and seeding-on-demand capabilities
- Disk quotas with Least Frequently Used (LFU) and Least Recently Used (LRU) settings to manage disk space
- Control over tile expiration by REST API or GeoRSS notification
- Support for requests with time, elevation, alternate styles and filters
- Native output to Google Maps (including Google Mobile), Google Earth (vector and raster), Bing Maps, and Yahoo Maps
- Java J2EE application works with Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss and others
Open Source, Open Standards
GeoWebCache is open source software, released under the GNU Lesser General Public License, that implements many Open Geospatial Consortium standards including including Web Map Service (WMS), Web Map Tiling Service (WMTS), Web Map Service-Caching (WMS-C), and Tiled Map Service (TMS).