Two notable releases in the PostGIS/PostgreSQL universe over the last week!
And this morning, PostGIS 1.5.2 was also released, bringing… support for PostgreSQL 9.0! Also a pile of bug fixes that have been building up over the past six months.
- Loader: fix handling of empty (0-verticed) geometries in shapefiles. (Sandro Santilli)
- #536, Geography ST_Intersects, ST_Covers, ST_CoveredBy and Geometry ST_Equals not using spatial index (Regina Obe, Nicklas Avén
- #573, Improvement to ST_Contains geography
- Loader: Add support for command-q shutdown in Mac GTK build (Paul Ramsey)
- #393, Loader: Add temporary patch for large DBF files (Maxime Guillaud, Paul Ramsey)
- #507, Fix wrong OGC URN in GeoJSON and GML output (Olivier Courtin)
- spatial_ref_sys.sql: Add datum conversion for projection SRID 3021 (Paul Ramsey)
- Geography: remove crash for case when all geographies are out of the estimate (Paul Ramsey)
- #469, Fix for array_aggregation error (Greg Stark, Paul Ramsey)
- #532, Temporary geography tables showing up in other user sessions (Paul Ramsey)
- #562, ST_Dwithin errors for large geographies (Paul Ramsey)
- #513, shape loading GUI tries to make spatial index when loading DBF only mode (Paul Ramsey)
- #527, shape loading GUI should always append log messages (Mark Cave-Ayland)
- #504, shp2pgsql should rename xmin/xmax fields (Sandro Santilli)
- #458, postgis_comments being installed in contrib instead of version folder (Mark Cave-Ayland)
- #474, Analyzing a table with geography column crashes server (Paul Ramsey)
- #581, LWGEOM-expand produces inconsistent results (Mark Cave-Ayland)
- #471, DocBook dtd errors (Olivier Courtin)
- Fix further build issues against PostgreSQL 9.0 (Mark Cave-Ayland)
- #572, Password whitespace for Shape File to PostGIS Import not supported (Mark Cave-Ayland)
- shp2pgsql: “-w” produces invalid WKT for MULTI* objects. (Mark Cave-Ayland)
As usual, thanks to my co-conspirators on the PostGIS development team in bringing this release to the public.